Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Lunch Adventure

While sorting through my favorite photos from the past few months I came across this photo of my daughter enjoying a bowl of soup with the afternoon sunlight streaming through the window. It's a simple snapshot of our daily life. The photo reminded me of a quote from one of my favorite authors. I decided to use the quote as my jumping off point.

In Photoshop, I layered the text of the quote over the photo in a light brown. To create the background I scattered a few pieces of punched heart confetti on the cardstock, then sprayed pink mist. After the mist was dry I removed the hearts. The cheery color pallet of "Brightside" complimented the sunshine in the photo. I placed the pink and yellow elements on the layout in visual triangles to guide the eye through the project. A variety of circle and heart punches highlighted some of the fun new patterned papers, and a few Glitz stickers finished it off nicely.

2014_0527_026b

2014_0527_032a

2014_0527_037a

2014_0527_049a

2014_0527_056a

2014_0527_062a

"Lunch Adventure" layout supplies:
Glitz Design "Felicity" papers: Honeycomb, Bits & Pieces
Glitz Design "Brightside" 6x6 paper pad
Glitz Design "Felicity" Alphas & Accents sticker sheet
Glitz Design "Brightside" Alphas & Accents sticker sheet
Glitz Design "All Dolled Up" washi tape - cherries
Glitz Design "Hello December" washi tape - plus
other: cardstock, plastic flower, mist, heart and circle punches

1 comment:

Lea Lawson said...

This is gorgeous, Noel!! Great job on your Day to Day project!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin